flow these methods

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Simple Truth About Love

Every man desires a partner; and so does every woman. People feel the need to love and be loved in return not just by members of their families but by friends, colleagues, boyfriend, girlfriend etc. When it comes to relationship, love should really be defined.

It has come to my understanding that the word LOVE has been so misused and that people no longer value it. Sometimes when a teenager says "I love you", it simply means I want to have sex with you. The big question is this "Is LOVE all about SEX"? Why do we say we love for the single reason that we want to have sex with people? OK let's get back to the basics; Jesus Christ said he loves us and he proved it by dying for us on the cross. Now that is what we call sacrificial and unconditional love, love without attachment, undiluted love. Does it really exist in our time? Please do not quote me wrong, I am not saying you should die for someone in order to prove that you love him/her. What I am trying to say is that there has to be a genuine reason for loving someone; it could be their behavior, their reasoning, their Charisma etc. It should not be because they have got nice boobs, butts, or wonderful facial looks; what if those things fade away? Does it mean you are going to keep jumping from one standard one to the other?

Falling in love is a wonderful experience, everybody needs to feel it, it feels so good to be in love; but how does it feel to fall out of love? Aw! I am sure you don't want to experience it, you become a shadow of yourself in most cases, you no longer have the appetite to enjoy even your best meal, you become an object of pity, some people resort to drinking excessive alcohol to compensate for the situation, isn't it crazy? In order to avoid situations where you get hurt because you loved someone, you have to first and foremost understand what love stands for; this is where most people make mistakes. Love is giving and not receiving; it means giving your heart and all no matter the looks of the person you are giving to, it means listening attentively to problems of your partner and offering genuine solutions, it means going the extra mile to better the life of your partner, it means having a genuine interest and understanding the totality of your partner, it means correcting the wrongs of your partner, love is action and not words; why most people have to say the word "I love you", most people act it.

Six years ago I was talking to a Priest; he told me the story of a young woman who walked up to him to start up a discussion. Well, she did not have the slightest idea that he was a priest; during their course of discussion she said she loved him and he asked her a simple question, "Why do you love me"? She said I don't know, I just love you maybe because you are handsome. Well he was pissed and he said, what if I had an accident that disfigured my looks before now would you have loved me? She looked him in the eyes and answered, of course not! He said to her, if I have an accident after getting married to you, it means you are just going to walk out of my life; she was speechless.

What I want you to understand is this, love should be defined; do not fall in love instead rise in love. Love because you have a genuine reason to do so. Do not love for attributes that can fade away; you would definitely regret it. Before you open your mouth to say you love someone, please think and be sure you mean it.

I wish you a happy love life.

No comments:

Post a Comment