flow these methods

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Blessing of the Tithe

In morning worship I heard myself say, I stand on the blessing of a tither. For many years my family has been taught what the word of God says about the tithe. The first thing that one must know about the tithe is obedience to it. The tithe activates the blessing from the Lord that is to large to receive, as stated in Malachi 3:10-12.

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.

12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.

We are also told in this portion of scripture the reason for bringing the tithe. God said that He wants the tenth part so that He can have meat in his storehouse to bless. So the reason that we tithe is not to receive a blessing but to be a blessing. When we become a blessing through obedience to the tithe, God opens the windows of heaven and pours out a blessing that is to large to receive it all. It does not stop there. We are also told that God will rebuke the one that destroys seed that is planted so our crops will come to full harvest. This includes the protection of our children, the fruit of our body. It does not stop there. We are also told that all nations shall call us blessed because we are a delightful land. God told Abraham in Genesis 22:18 that in his seed which is Christ, all nations of the earth shall be blessed because of his obedience.

How to receive this blessing is what I want to focus on. There are many people in the body of Christ that have been tithing for years and have not come to this over taking blessing. We know God's word is true so there must be a reason that the blessing is not manifest.

It became plain to see once the Holy Spirit opened my eyes as to why this over taking blessing had not manifested in my family's life. The Holy Spirit asked me the questions, Do you want to stand on the blessing of your tithe or on the blessing of Abraham's tithe? Do you want to stand on the blessing of your obedience or on the obedience of your Father Abraham?

The word states that we are blessed with faithful Abraham. Galatians 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

(God asked me to give a tenth. He asked Abraham to give his only son.) The word says that in Abraham's seed which is Christ shall all families of the earth be blessed. Whose sacrifice do you want to stand on? Whose tithe and offering do you want to stand on, the tithe and offering of Abraham and the offering of is seed, Christ or do you wish to stand on your own righteous works of the tithes and offerings. The Holy Spirit took me further in to the tithe. He brought to remembrance the scripture where Levi while yet in the loins of his father Abraham, paid tithes.

Hebrews 7:9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

Then He said this to me which turned on the light and I saw the error of my way. He said to me, while you were yet in the loins of Abraham you also paid tithes and while you were yet in the loins of Christ, your every debt was paid. You do not own Me anything except the honor due my Name and to love one another. This is why you are blessed with Faithful Abraham because in My heart you were there. You stand by faith in this grace. You have a right to Abraham's blessing because you were there when he tithed to Melcheishdech. You have full right to the blessing of Christ because you were there in his suffering and you were their at his resurrection and you are now seated with him at the source of all blessing, the throne of God.

Therefore Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:

10 So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.

11 My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:

12 For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

Proverbs 8:21 That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

Psalms 96:8 Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come into his courts.

The Holy Spirit went on to say, Because I love you I correct you that I may fill your house with wealth that is to large to receive it and because you love Me you honor me with your tithes and offerings. As I have instructed you before, the book of Malachi is not a book about the tithe it s a book about honor.

Abraham truly walked in a blessing to large to receive. Christ now walks in a blessing to large to receive and if you be Christ you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise. We are joint heirs with Christ. We have his blessing. The obedience to the tithe activates it in our lives as long as we do not put faith in our obedience but in the obedience of Abraham and His seed, Jesus Christ.

Now I see more clearly what it means to stand on the blessing of a tither. I stand on the blessing of Abraham's tithes because I was there when he met Melcheishdech. God saw me there. I was there when Christ came before Father God and sprinkled his own blood on the mercy seat and paid my eternal debt forever.

Lastly the Holy Spirit said this in my heart, By all means never stop tithing and giving, but if you chose to stop would you be afraid that I would not continue to bless you? Then he said, I cause rain to fall on the just and unjust, I am merciful to all. The foul of the air neither sow or reap and I bless them, are you not much better that they. Consider the lilies of the field, they do not toil or spin and they are clothed with more glory than Solomon, how much more shall I clothe you weather you tithe or don't tithe, weather you sow or reap because you are my son. Oh, you of little faith. Without faith it is impossible to please me, for those who come to me must believe that I am and that I am a rewarder of those who diligently seek ME.

Being obedient to tithes and offerings simply activates the Blessing of Abraham in our lives as long as we do not place our faith in the tithe and offerings but in God who gives us richly all things to enjoy. God had it all worked out while we were yet in the loins of Abraham and while we were yet in the loins of Christ, his Seed, through whom all families of the earth are blessed. It is impossible to receive the Blessing in any other way. It is by faith that we have access into this abundant grace in which we stand.

Fred Fishburne has been serving the Lord since 1980. He was called by God in 1983 to New Life Bible College in Atlanta, Georgia, Founded by Norvel Hayes. After graduation, he helped charter a Rhema Bible Church, Living Word On The Move, in which Fred and his wife Ann raised their family and still serve today. Fred has been a Christian author for several years, encouraging people with his uplifting style to reach out and receive by faith the inheritance that God has prepared for them in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment