flow these methods

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Diverse 90s - Classic Songs From Grunge to Teen Pop Madness

The 90s were certainly a strange period in the history of music. Perhaps this is due to the wide variety of genres and styles that emerged during the decade or perhaps it's because not one artist or genre seems to define the decade.

The beginning of the 90s was characterized by the rise of grunge and alternative rock into the mainstream and the disappearance of classic rock. The lead band of this genre was by far Nirvana with their classic song "Smells Like Teen Spirit" becoming an anthem for a generation. While grunge would disappear from the mainstream, alternative rock would continue throughout the 90s until today with bands such as Green Day and Blink 182.

For the first time ever, urban pop began to constantly dominate the charts, at least in North America. Artists such as Boyz II Men, Mariah Carey and TLC were almost a constant presence on the radio, and continue to inspire today's RnB artists with songs such as "One Sweet Day" or "No Scrubs". Urban pop arguably dominates the charts today more than ever before.

Hip-hop also made its mainstream debut in the 90s and today has a permanent place in contemporary music. The pioneers from this period include the Notorious B.I.G., MC Hammer, 2Pac and Snopp Dogg. Notable classic songs from this era include "Changes" from 2Pac and "Gangsta's Paradise" from Coolio.

Teen pop made a comeback in the late 90s, bigger than it ever was in the late 80s and early 90s. Bands such as the Backstreet Boys and the Spice Girls and singers such as Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera were an undeniable presence on the airwaves and charts. Such artists defined the late 90s while all other genres took a backseat. Classic songs from this genre include "Baby One More Time" from Britney Spears, "Wannabe" from the Spice Girls and "As Long As You Love Me" from the Backstreet Boys.

I like to define the 90s like a fruit and vegetable salad, it was essentially a mix of so many genres and styles never seen before, but which did produce some memorable and classic songs.

4 comments:

  1. My name is Briney from Fl. U.S. Do you need a miracle to help you with your heartache? Do you want to be Happy Again ? I want to honestly help you because i know what it feels like to have your heart broken. We all want to be happy with the one that makes our heart beat, the one who makes us happy. I know its hard to trust so called spell casters with so many scams going around. I was blessed to find a trustworthy spell caster Dr. Ikhine is the most powerful spell caster there is. He is caring , understanding and will help you with the most impossible love issue you may have. Weather you want your lover or husband back , he will make it happen in just 48hours. He is the only one i would ever trust. He is making my dream come true with the love of my life. Don't hesitate on contacting him for help email Or phone call away. Contact him at agbadado@gmail.com or Call Dr. Ikhine @ +2347060552255
    your problems will be forever solved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day everyone. I have something to share with you..
    My name is Andrew Ryan USA, my girlfriend and I were separated for a long period due to some misunderstanding, I came across different spell casters and they were all unable to bring my lover back. I was so sad and almost gave up on him when i met a spell caster called Great Doctor Omoluyi who helped me get my lover back. Ever since then i have been so happy and couldn't believe it would happen. He also helped me with success spell, I have been living happily with my lover now and will be getting married soon. Here is his contact [ Doctoromoluyispelltemple@gmail.com ] if you need his help on getting your ex back, stop your marriage from crumbling, or you need success in every aspect of your life. He is really a good spell caster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day everyone. I have something to share with you..
    My name is Andrew Ryan USA, my girlfriend and I were separated for a long period due to some misunderstanding, I came across different spell casters and they were all unable to bring my lover back. I was so sad and almost gave up on him when i met a spell caster called Great Doctor Omoluyi who helped me get my lover back. Ever since then i have been so happy and couldn't believe it would happen. He also helped me with success spell, I have been living happily with my lover now and will be getting married soon. Here is his contact [ Doctoromoluyispelltemple@gmail.com ] if you need his help on getting your ex back, stop your marriage from crumbling, or you need success in every aspect of your life. He is really a good spell caster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello my fellow friends online I'm Diana Gilbert from USA, I want to use this medium to thank Dr Great because he brought back my Ex husband. my husband left me for his ex girlfriend he had before he married me I was so eager to get him back because I loved him, then I told my friend about it and she gave me Dr Great email and I emailed him and told him my problem and he gave me instructions which I followed and  he brought back my husband within 24 hours. If you need help in getting back together with your Ex, email Dr Great at  infinitylovespell@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete