flow these methods

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Romantic Phrases in French - An Unfair Advantage

French, the language of love; the most romantic way to serenade the opposite sex. It's almost an unfair advantage to be using it, but isn't true that all is fair in love and war?

Let me give you a primer on romantic phrases in French. There are after all, several degrees of expressions, from the extremely romantic "je t'aime" whispered in one's ear (I love you, but better), to the powerful "Je t'aime a la folie", loosely translated in "I'm madly in love with you". In between, you'll find "je t'adore" (I adore you), "mon amour", (my love), "mon grand amour" (my great love), "mon seul amour" (my only love), and much more...

Some pitfalls to avoid; while going out with one of my first girlfriend (ages ago), she asked; do you love me? In French. Taken slightly aback and lacking experience, I answered "bien sur, je t'aime bien", which very loosely translates to "sure, I like you a lot", except that in French, that's also how you'd describe your feelings towards your puppy! It did not go well, so you may even keep that one to gently repel someone who really understands French. The same goes for "voulez-vous coucher avec moi", like in the "Moulin Rouge" (do you want to sleep with me), you may get slapped when used on the wrong person.

Not only using French is it a great way to make romantic conquests, it's also fantastic to rekindle romance, or to add a little spice in your life. The unexpected use of romantic phrases in French can light up a night in a most pleasant way; a few "je t'aimerai toujours" (I'll always love you), "je serai toujours avec toi" (I'll always be with you) can take you a long, long way.

I could go on and on, but just a few romantic words in French is all you need to start. If used on a French person, it's even better, there is nothing sexier than a foreign accent in romance, it adds a certain "je ne sais quoi".

No comments:

Post a Comment