flow these methods

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Cleft of the Rock Brings Forth the Glory

Sitting on a rock at the little pebble beach near my home, I was enjoying the family of ducks sunning themselves about thirty feet from me. A gaggle of geese honked overhead as they practiced for their impending long flight south.

The Lord has had me captive at His feet for close to a year, sharing so much more about Himself than I ever knew in the thirty years that I have walked with Him. During this time of listening and learning, I had dropped all my busy-ness of doing and sharing about Him.

Reclining against the sheer vertical rock face, I felt something soft at my back. Surprised, I turned around to see a lovely plant with bright yellow flowers protruding out of a narrow deep crevice. The Lord demonstrated to me how something so beautiful could come forth out of a deep, dark, barren place.

God covered Moses in the cleft of a rock as His Glory passed by. (Ex. 33: 22) Likewise, it is in the secret place in Christ, the Rock, where the Father reveals Himself. The secrets of the Father are hidden in Jesus Christ. The Father draws you to Jesus as your Lord and Savior. But Jesus reveals the Father's heart.

The Father is not only revealed in the Son of Man in all that He did and said, but He is also a unique Person who longs to reveal Himself to you. It is good to know that the Father loves you with an everlasting love. But, how would you feel if you had a daddy who wrote you a letter every day telling you how much you mean to him, but you never got to hear or see him?

You were expressly created to have a relationship with the Father. If you're like me, then you may come to a point of crying out: "Yes, I know you love me, but I just can't hear you!" Well, finally I decided to drop everything I was so busy doing and take Him seriously at His Word.

Are you hungry to see His Glory, hear Him speak, feel Him lifting you onto His lap, and call Him Daddy? Then, come and creep in the cleft of the Rock that was hewn for you. It is a place of peace and safety. It may seem dark for a while, but know that it's the Hand of the Almighty that is covering you. Share your life with Him with adoration and thanksgiving; not with petitions. There is a time for prayer, and He knows what you need. However, getting to know Him intimately flows out of quiet, worshipful adoration.

The Father loves you as much as He loves Jesus, and that goes for each one of us! Awesome truth; marvellous Love! "Herein is love; not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins." (1 John 4: 10)

To Moses, nothing was more important than to see God's glory. God saw his hunger and rewarded him for it. It may take a while to be hidden in the crevice, but you will emerge basked in His glory, and the world will see that you have been with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment